The Stream

Monday, August 6, 2012

The Jo's and Eileen Arrive

I picked up our good friends Mary Jo (I used to teach with her in Harrisburg), her friend Jo Marie, and Eileen (who I also used to teach with). They came to stay with us and see the Utah sights.  We were excited they would travel that far for the Harris family. 

The kids were in bed when the Jo's got in so MJ did her magic to get her breakfast surprises ready for them in the morning. She also brought fans for everyone for fear it was the dead of summer and we would all be hot in the Utah sunshine.

Diptic

We picked up Ms. Goosebumps, Eileen, the next day and had lunch at the Lonestar Taqueria while we played at the park.  It also happened to be free slurpie day so we all were treated to a refreshing cold treat.

Diptic

I strolled them by La Calle just to show them the beauty of this French restaurant.  They had a wonderful time playing by the stream and watching the peacocks.

Diptic

I love Eileen's giddiness.  This girl is so witty and fun to be around! She finds pure joy in the simplest things and if they're not simple she makes it funny. I'm sure her spot is already prepared for her in heaven.

Diptic

Later that night we had a BBQ with Mat's family so they could meet my friends.

Diptic


No comments: