The Stream

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Funny Things of the Harris Kind

Often times I tell the kids to put their hats and gloves by the heater to dry them out when they come in from the snow. Micah has been waiting a little too long to go to the bathroom. As a result, there has been a lot of underwear washing. Well, not today, her sales pitch, "Mom," hand goes on her cocked hip while the other hand comes up to a flat palm, "The heatwer will dwry them and then you don't have to wash them!" She leans now with one hand up against the wall, smiles, then nods, and points her flat palm down directing my eyes towards the heater. I smile and shake my head.



Gretchen is really getting into the spirit of Valentine making. I wonder where she is getting her unlimited access to paper at school? I wonder where to display these proud cards of hers with more coming home each day and 12 more days to go until the 14th?

Micah, desperate for her dessert, but not wanting to eat her spinach or salmon, decides to tuck her green chew into the pocket of her cheek. It stays this way for over an hour. I said, "Just swallow it!" for over an hour too! Exhausted, I decided to shut up about it and just take a picture instead.


Last week in the mail, my kids got free Frosty coupons from our dear friend Mary Jo in Harrisburg. They were supposed to be for Halloween, but sometimes (well, maybe more then sometimes) Mary Jo sometimes misplaces things quite often and then she calls me up to tell me that she found them. Gotta love her. This happened to be one of those times and it made me laugh. They expired Monday so instead of letting them go to waste I ordered 30 of them through the drive-thru. The lady told me she had to put them into the jr size frosty cups, she said it was the rule. I told her Dave Thomas would say that was wasteful. I ended up coming home with 5 32 oz-ers of chocolaty frosty ice cream. I just need to have an ice cream party now. I'll pick the warmest day of the week, hopefully upper 30's?

Lotsa free frosties

Becket fell asleep here.

Passed out

Must play with LEGOS. Must play with LEGOS. Must play with LEGOS. Must plaa...wiit...

Passed out among the LEGOs

Every time after we pray, my children put it into their routine to climb on my back. All three of them. At once. What a great way to send me off duty, as if I didn't already feel weighted down.

Mom pile

6 comments:

Kelli said...

Holy Frosties! That is hilarious! I love seeing your kiddies - this post made me laugh. I needed a good laugh. Thanks!

McArthur Family said...

Nice to know 30 jr. sizes = 5 32 oz. so funny!

And way to use your thinker Mica!

The Singer Family said...

It's freezing here but I could totally go for one of those frosties. BTW, Micah's eyes are such a pretty color, spinich cheeks and all! :)

Amber said...

I'm at the "weighed down" phase of my day and am currently reading blogs instead of putting my kiddos down :). AND you gotta love LEGOS! Quiet playing for extended periods of time...my favorite toy so far!

Erin said...

The underwear on the heater is HILARIOUS! Totally something my girls would do! You know - I used to dry my hair on our heater in High School. Before drill team practice I would wash my huge curly hair and then lay on the heater to dry it. I'd do it in the summer too! Turn the heater on just to dry my hair! My dad would get so mad... :) Ah the memories...

Rachel Oswald said...

Very proud of you for not wasting those frosty coupons! And for being so eco-conscious :) Micah is a riot, I wish we still lived close to you guys.