The Stream

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Few Valentine Movies --A Mere Recommendation

Here are a few Valentine movies that I thought were original and unique. They may be corny at times, but that's why I like them. Now, if you decide to watch these movies, I can't remember if there will be anything that will offend you, so I take no responsibility. Also, if you find yourself hating these movies, you NEVER got these suggestions from me.

Paper Heart-- Sort of a documentary.I dig the sometimes awkward Michael Cera.




White on Rice--
Totally cheesey, really cheesey. You might hate it cheesey, but I liked it. Hmmmm, now that I think of it, there is some gore at the beginning. But, it's that funny, impossible gore that contradictorily is supposed to make you laugh at the start of the movie, not vomit.



An old favorite and not as well known--Danny Deckchair (an Australian Film)



About a Boy. Might have some swearing but it's an oldie and a goody.



And since we're talking about starring Hugh Grant, why not throw in Music and Lyrics



If you have a favorite out there please send them my way. I'm always looking for a way to torture Mat.

If you want to find a way to un-valentine your night, watch The Cove or The Duchess. They make you hurt. ( I had a little time to watch whatever I wanted while Mat was traveling!)

3 comments:

Amber said...

Mmmmm..my #1 would be Dan in Real Life followed by Becoming Jane and P.S. I love you. Corey really likes the first one but the others are not at all "man-friendly ;).

Unknown said...

Ps. I love you - my choice.

Dannielle said...

Dan in Real Life- favorite movie for Darrin and I to watch together.
I think you might be wanting Hugh Grant to be your valentine Mic?