The Stream

Friday, February 4, 2011

I Have a Crush on You (Job Love Triangle Part 2)

Like I say, Palm Springs and Sacramento had their goods and bads with both places we interviewed. I began to form a list in my mind.

My list for Palm Springs

Goods:

6hr drive to southern Utah
You can be outdoors most of the year
bike friendly
artsy
mountains close by
rock climbing galore

Bads:

Pretty secluded
Not so family friendly because of the retired and alternative life styles
Hotter than Haiti summers
Gardening would be difficult
Earthquakes possible

Sacramento

Goods:

San Francisco
Tahoe
The mild weather year round
biking
culture
diversity
family friendly
gardening (I mean throw a seed into the ground and it will grow gardening, including citrus and avocados!)
Day trips galore
IDEAL job. They set you up like a king.

Bads

Commute
An all days drive to get to Either family
The Govenator was leaving
Earthquakes possible


But, I was quickly falling in love with Sacramento and I hoped they liked us too. I was having a serious crush on them and wanted them as my new boyfriend (so to speak). We wouldn't have to worry about buying into a big partnership, Mat would go to work and come home, pay was great, weather was great, so romantic!

To be continued....

(2 of 6 posts. This job saga happened over mths so bare with me. There was a lot of things going on that I couldn't write about, but certainly wanted tooc!)

2 comments:

McArthur Family said...

2 of 6...you're killing me...I'm just so excited to know more! =)

Jeanette said...

I want to know more also, how dare you keep us hanging, you soap opera queen. I love Sacramento, I grew up there, did you know that???? BTW, never felt an earthquake.