The Stream

Thursday, April 24, 2014

This Old House

House Update:

We are almost ready for sheetrocking.  I was hoping Monday, but it looks like Tuesday. You did not just hear me groan and scrunch up my lips--because you're reading--but groaning is what I'm doing with fist pump frustration. We keep peeling off more and more walls, meaning, more and more sheetrock. BUT- won't it look somewhat finished once that goes up? Think positive. Think positive. The goal for me is like the story "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie. " If the sheet rocking goes up, then we can paint, if the paint goes up then we can put in our wood floor, if the wood floor gets installed then we can see those cabinets take shape, once the cabinets go in then I can have a counter top, and once that countertops go in I can see my beautiful appliances installed and polished and I'll be a Happy Snowman--Frozen reference.


photo



photo

We also got the house all boarded up so our little friends (mice and wasps) can find a new hideout.


photo

And! We have lights! Sing.  Our house is going to be so lit up that I could go without seeing the sun for a few days and not even know it. Now, if they could magically tan you and not give you cancer would be a super bonus (as long as they were still LEDs)


photo



No comments: