The Stream

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Micah's Before and Afters

Memorial Night the kids wanted to try out the hot tub, so in they went splashing for hours.  When we showered them off,  Micah broke out into a red angry rash on her back.  Supposedly there is a thing you can catch from hot tubs called Hot Tub Folliculitis. (Did I mention I hate hot tubs for this very reason?  That's why I will always be a shower person.) Mat and I both thought this is what it could be, but the rash kept crawling up her neck and down her legs, arms, and stomach.  She started to swell and did not look good.

Before hot tub

photo

After hot tub

photo

Turns out it was not folliculitis, but hives.  (still hate hot tubs) Bennedryl is the only thing calming this rabid thing at the moment.  She has developed some allergic reaction to something and we now get to be the detectives to figure it out.  Wish us luck! In the meantime, she will soak up the movies and enjoy any sympathy that comes her way.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Poor Micah! I get hives in hot tubs too. I don't get them in pools or in hot baths, but I do it hot tubs. So I'm not sure if hot tubs have more chlorine or if it's a combination of the hot water opening pores and making it easier for chemicals to get in my skin. But I totally understand. :(

shelob said...

Oh no! Poor Micah!