The Stream

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Surf's Up, From Surfside, SC

We sailed our way into Surfside, SC. The Plantation Resort that we've been staying at has been good to us.







Plenty of pools.
Plenty of beaches.
Plenty of putt putt

Plenty of fun finds

Habibi's Cafe, a Lebanese restaurant. My goodness was it good! Homemade hummus, tabouleh, pita bread and falafels.. Mmmm. Mmmmm. Mmmm.







I stocked up on some couscous, tahini paste, sugar-coated garbanzo beans (who knew they existed) along with some roasted and salted ones, and some orange blossom honey.





I have loved the workout classes, early morning bike rides, going to the beach without our clocks and building a sundial just to guess what time it is, falling asleep reading (nothing new, except it was on a beach towel) and Mat's one of a kind hole-in-one, caught on film.




Tomorrow morning we head out to a surprise location in Brunswick, GA.

Here are the stats from Surfside:

Listening to: kid's squealing that they're at the beach and then later in the evening, sobs of tiredness.

Loaves of bread: 3.5

Water bottle swigged: a jug

Gas price of the day: $3.61 boo-yeah!

Car sickness: nothing to report, double boo-yeah!

Mishaps: ummmm. Nothing really. Becket buried his toy snake in the sand and then he couldn't remember where he buried it. That happens everyday.

Funny things:

At the beach, Mat holding the camera: "Gretchen smile." Gretchen: "Dad, not now, I am working." she later was pretending to be a rabid squirrel burying her nuts, I mean shells.

1 comment:

Shauntel said...

My goodness, this looks like a place we need to visit. I won't even show Jess this post until after the baby is born, otherwise he'll put me on a plane tomorrow.

Loving your travels. Making me antsy to do some of my own.