The Stream

Monday, May 2, 2011

Decades Dance

Friday night our church had a decades dance. I don't know why I always drag my feet to these things, probably because I CAN'T dance, you have to get a sitter, and you have to think of a costume that your husband will support? But, when you get there it turns out to be a whole whirly-wheel of fun.

Here are some pictures from the evening:

The lamb chops were stuck on with Karo syrup in the background and AJ hit it on the head with 80's

_DIN8153.jpg

Jenny could actually pull off this look.

_DIN8150.jpg

Scott kept this outfit from high school

_DIN8147.jpg

Mat surprised me with the hula hoop

_DIN8135.jpg

We also played this game with the hula hoop. It would be a simple activity for another party.
_DIN8127.jpg

I love this picture! I love that Kelli and Jared are getting a formal picture while juggling a baby too.
_DIN8120.jpg

The W's getting their gang on

_DIN8121.jpg

And we the Harrises struck up the decade of the 30's. I love this era. My friend said she is going to a 1920's-1930's themed wedding in New England next week. Wouldn't that be grand?! It made me want to do my wedding over, the themed part--not the husband part. I'll keep him.

Mat put together the collage below. It's good to know he still loves me with all those close-ups. Thanks Mat.
A night to remember dance

2 comments:

Kelli said...

You looked beautiful. You pull off that look well. The Weed's picture is fabulous. What a fun night!

McArthur Family said...

What a fun idea! You look beautiful and it was fun to see Julie and Kelli dressed up too. How I miss you guys!