The Stream

Monday, May 23, 2011

Email to Gretchen's Teacher Went Like This

My Email:

So, Gretchen desperately wants her hair to be like Brooklyn's. Not sure how Brooklyn wears her hair and I imagine it is a lot longer in length, but I did NOT do it right. Imagine that? Gretchen is very self conscience about her hair today because it doesn't grow and in her words, "It looks horrifying!" She started to take it it out, so it looks even worse now. She's an onion, with many layers. Give her a big hug for me and tell her to continue on with life. Thanks!

Her concerned, yet not so concerned mother, Micki

Teacher's Email:

Aww...I will definitely give her a hug for you! It's funny, because I complimented her hair this morning as soon as she walked in the room, as I do many mornings because it always looks so cute! Brooklyn usually just wears her hair down or in a ponytail, so I'm not really sure what hairstyle Gretchen would be referring to. It is longer than Gretchens and has wave to it... I'll try to chat with Gretchen at some point today and not act like it's a big deal, just make conversation. =) Thank you for keeping us informed!!! I enjoy hearing about cute stories like this.

Mrs. Lenhart



To My Mom:

Good thing I WAS NEVER like this at five! Right?

No comments: