The Stream

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Items of Biz

A few things have been happening in the Harris home.

1) The home preschool that I teach is wrapping up. I took the kids to the college farm on Monday and they were nice enough to send the kids home with their own organic lettuce. Happy gardeners!



2) We also celebrated Micah's summer birthday before the end of the year. I was afraid that this was going to be very confusing to her because everyday on our trip to Florida she would ask when her birthday was and if she was "fourwure" yet (see past posts). Honestly, after celebrating at preschool, she hasn't asked about her birthday since! Maybe this is all she expected.





3)The kid's also had field day. Aww, those were the days! I remember the nerves and spirit of field day. As young graders, they have no idea what heavy competition they have before them, so for now it's just fun and complete heat exhaustion. It was so hot that you didn't even want water.



Becket cried after his team lost twice to tug-o-war. I didn't know what to say to him after the 4th time of trying to calm him, except toughin' up old chap, it's just a game.



Micah also enjoyed the benefits of field day with a popsicle! Maybe next time she will listen to me about wearing a short sleeve shirt instead of her long sleeve princess shirt.



Oh! And since the school year is winding down, our piano practicing is not. We got out of the habit of practicing, so to help me remember, I stuck a note on the front door to remind me to do it. (things out of place, such as a post it note hanging from my door, tend to bug me therefore, I remember to do them) Becket was not so keen on the idea and thought he would be funny.



Hardee! Har! Har!

No comments: