The Stream

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Woman starts. Then stops. Then starts. Then stops. Something Time And Again

What's up with the newspaper titles?  It's something new and I like calling myself woman in my titles.

So, we started looking for a house to buy and then I realized taking on a business and moving took precedence. In fact, a week after we signed our 6 month lease agreement, I marched myself right back over to that leasing office to sign a 1yr lease seeing how this rose colored doctor dream was going to take a little more work.  I declared from that day that I would not look at a single house until we had our down payment saved.  Then I told myself, it was okay to look for neighborhoods to live in. Well, that turned me into an envious state again wanting a bigger fridge, an ice maker, a garage...that I had to draw my line again. Then I erased it. Then drew it again.

Baby Doll, our beloved car, is on it's last leg.  It's taken us everywhere, I'm not exaggerating. We got it when Gretchen was in the womb.  It's been a good car to us, but it is having it's issues, sorta like a pet getting older.  The driver seat doesn't work, so I stretch my leg to reach the gas pedal or use my latest invention, sticking a pillow behind my back.  There are some dents and 3 out of the 7 days of the week it doesn't start unless you give it a little gas.  I'm tired of nursing it and fear I'll be stranded one of these days. I started to look for new cars, but then realized that it would have to wait.  To make myself feel better, Mat suggested that we deck it out with the extra wood floor he had and maybe put up some curtains inside. We'll see. I would love it if it had a wood floor, then I would just have to sweep it out. Just in case I do need a car, what do you suggest?  Maybe I shouldn't go there :)

Then I feel like I'm getting dumber, so I'm back to starting up crossword puzzles again.  I'm hoping they'll kick my mush brain up a notch, but so far I only got two right.  My brain is at it's low. For example, Mat told me three times the name for this rock climbing gear  yesterday and I swear I made him repeat it to me three times before I could remember it. Quick draw. Quick draw. Quick draw. Ugh.

And finally, I'm back to couponing. And budgeting. "HA!"That's what the Mister said.  I'm not good at either, but I will die trying. It just so happens that I met a coupon AND budget savvy friend and I will make her show me the ropes, even if I pest her.  I will be patient by waiting for the sales and not go to stores more than once every two weeks.  So far, I've been to the store twice in the last 5 days and I have to go tomorrow. Micah has to furnish some gummy bears for her teddy bear picnic tomorrow and my kids shoes reek with nastiness, so I need shoe odor destroyer.

Until then, I will wrap my thoughts with rock climbing and be happy.  It usually gets a little of my aggravation and stress out.

_DIN9785.jpg

3 comments:

Dave and Mel said...

hey woman. catching up on the pipeline again and amazed at the rock climbing pictures- your family may be too cool for us. you sound a little bit like you need a good girl's out night and I wish I was there to have it with you! If Baby Doll can make it up here we would love to have you and can show you a good Pokey time! let's chat and figure this out...I want to see you and your eyelashes in person.
PS- were those picture from the Bean Museum in Provo? sweetness.

jweed said...

said woman should definitely install a wood floor in baby doll. if not for anything else than to take pictures AND increase resale value! sure do miss seeing baby doll around here. oh, and its family as well. but aren't you glad you don't hafta drive babydoll on the hills of Motown?

shelob said...

Blog commenter echoes Julie's comment: it's good that you're not dealing with Morgantown hills any more. I like the newspaper titles, by the way.