The Stream

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Conversations

Mat's Haircut

Mat puts on my snazzy hair cutting bowl to catch all the hair...


Becket:"Look! Dad is wearing the cone of shame." (From the movie up)

Micah: "I think you should give Dad a mohawk Mom."
Mic: "Me too."

Soul Surfer movie

After Bethany gets her arm taken off by the shark...

Becket: "I bet you her parents don't let her swim in that area again because they don't want her to lose both arms."

Then her prosthetic arm gets delivered...
Becket surprised: "Hey! Her arm is back!"

At the end of the movie...
Becket: "So her arm REALLY did get bit off by a shark?"

Gretchen: "When you're famous, do people just throw money at you?"

Teachers

On the way over to introduce Micah to her preschool teacher...
Mic:"Now, Becket and Gretchen, we are going over to Micah's teacher house so it's important to let her talk. That means, you be quiet when the teacher asks her something and let her answer, not you. Got it?"

Micah: "Do I have to talk into a microphone?"
Becket: "I'll bet she'll get stage fright." (laughs)
Gretchen: "Micah, I don't think there will be any stages there."
Mic: "There's no stages. No microphones. No stage fright. Just let Micah answer the questions!"
Micah starts to cry.

Mic: "Alright Gretchen, your teacher is Mrs. Buckner."
Gretchen: "Becket, I have Ms. Buccaneer!"
Mic: "It's Buckner."
Gretchen: "Buccaneer, Buckner, whatever."

IMG_0911.jpg

Mic: "Becket, your teacher is Ms. Yawn. (I laugh) I hope she's not boring!"
Becket" I hope she doesn't fall asleep in class!"
Mic: "Good one Beck!"
after the first day of school....
Mic: "How was school?"
Becket: " Ms. Yawn is really nice AND she didn't even fall asleep!"

And, out of pure randomness and in total synchronization coming home, all three kids shouted out the name of the elementary school when the light turned green. It absolutely startled me. How did they plan that?

Micah:"Mom, I'm going to college."
Mic: "You are?"
Micah:"Uh-huh. Yup I am."
Mic: "Well, how are you getting there?"
Micah: "I'm drwiving der. Mom, college is like one big house."
Mic: "Oh it is, is it?"
Micah: "Yup. Okay, bye. I'll see you latewr."

IMG_0913.jpg


The Great Salt Lake

Mic: "We need to take you kids to see the Great Salt Lake.  What Salt Lake is named for!"
Gretchen: "Maybe I can dip my chip into it!"
Becket: "No that would make the chip soggie."


At the pool

Micah is pouring water into some cups at the pool and then hands them to me.
Mic: "What's this Micah?"
Micah: "Smoothies"
Mic: "Oooo, what kind?"
Micah: " This one is strawberry shortcake, and this one is avocado, cheese, and mint."
Mic: "I'll have the strawberry shortcake."

Micah skips away singing : "La, la, la, la, la, la"
Gretchen: "Oh, that little girl!"


Only Micah could get away with wearing a pink tiara in the pool

IMG_0931.jpg

No comments: