The Stream

Friday, September 9, 2011

Newspaper inspires weekend

I usually never read the Circular newspaper, but today I did and I think we will take a few of their suggestions.
For example, whose cute little idea was this?
I happen to love tomato sandwiches! Scream!
I also noticed this little tip about doing your Christmas shopping NOW because a lot of stores are getting rid of old toys to make room for the new ones. Mat wasn't too keen on the idea, but when he realizes the 75% off deals I got off for future birthday and Christmas presents (at Walmart ) he will hug me later. Oh yes he will!
And lastly, the Utah state fair is having chocolate covered scorpions. I asked the kids if they wanted to go and try the little appetizers and their answers were
Gretchen: "No Way!"
Becket: " I am not actually much of a meat eater mom. I like chicken,pepperoni, and sometimes lobster from Red Lobster, but that's all."
Micah: "Oooo! I do!"
Then we all laughed because Micah never completely understands what we're talking about.

2 comments:

Rachel Oswald said...

I love that Becket doesn't eat much meat, just Red Lobster :) He is so funny. I think you are so smart for snatching up those 75% off toys at Walmart. I did that at our Target two months ago. Who can pass up 75% - that's better than Black Friday on all accounts!

shelob said...

Did you go celebrate tomato sandwich day? I would have!