The Stream

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Whew! 2nd Move Done

We were able to move into our apartment Tuesday, hence the waiting period we had in St. George and SLC. Our FLAT (which is how I will always refer to it because it sounds fancier then saying apartment) wasn't ready on the 1st like we'd hoped, so we had to shuffle our stuff twice. First, to a garage and then to our uh-hem flat.

You know what is great about these moves, family comes to lift us and old friends arise from planted seeds. Poetic, I know. Not only were they there on the first day we moved into the garage, but the second when we moved into our flat. Their response "it's good exercise!" and that it was. Thank you Augensteins, Matt, and Jess for lifting and hauling. Thanks Lindsay and Bob for taking the kids. Thanks Andrea for providing nourishment and a house to store our stuff that doesn't fit into our 1350 sq ft apartment. Thanks Shauntel and Janet for dinner.

Janet and Dave even fetched our coupon mailer from our car to tell us about the best japanese restaurant in town.

Wow. Oh, and thanks Tiff and Case for helping with the set up. The living space was tra-icky.

Before

After

Complete with swanky red chair from dumpster

the couch cushion houses have resumed and so have the crazies too

Now, I am just resting. I'm taking a moment for my joints to fall back into place and I'm waiting for my neck cords to loosen. I swear you could play the guitar on them! Ahhh! The joys of moving. Can't wait to do it again in a little while when we find a house.

To do tomorrow:
Library card
Swing by the elementary school
Plan menu and execute ingredients for that menu

3 comments:

Meagan said...

Welcome to Utah Harris fam! Hope you are recovering well!

jweed said...

You did it! I especially love that your computer desk can double as a place to eat. . .just swing that chair around any which way. voila!

shelob said...

What happened to the glass-topped table? Is it too big for the apartment and has to stay in storage? I second Julie's comment on the versatility of the computer desk adaptation.

My Iowa bishop's a chiropractor. I told him after he helped move my piano and sofa bed that I might need to see him soon.