The Stream

Monday, July 18, 2011

Temple Grandin Should Study My Kids

We recently watched the HBO movie Temple Grandi,n as per my brosef in-law's suggestion, and loved it. It's a true story about an autistic girl with a brilliant mind for animal behavior. It also has creative filming to help you think like she does. I made my kids watch it too (they went in and out of watching it), but I still tried to teach them about the differences in people and our God given talents. It sorta sunk in, well, Gretchen now thinks she has Temple's God given talents.

Anyway, I would like to invite you to my house Temple. I would like you to study the behavior patterns of my children. For example, why is it that when I make a sandwich for them at lunch they request to have the crust cut off, like so:

But, when I serve them banana bread they only eat the crust?

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I LOVE that movie! I hope everything is going well in UT and things are settling down with the big move.