The Stream

Saturday, July 2, 2011

This be the place!

We made it to Utah yesterday in the later afternoon. First order of business, the bathroom. With our bladders softened we were able to unload the truck; one load to the garage until our apartment is ready and the second load was delivered to Mat's parents' pad (thank you). We hired some help from a company called family and close friends. They are free and they will work until their bones ache. We were very happy to find this moving company.

So, here we be in SLC. Um, that rhymes. We're here, but we're kinda not. It still feels like we just came for a visit and we'll be returning back to West Virginia in a few weeks. That's mostly due to the fact that we're still living out of suitcases and aren't set up yet. It will feel more final when I have all my stuff at my finger tips ...my red water cup, my night stand to dump my hair ties on, my toiletry organizers. You know, stuff you can count on.

Speaking of stuff, there is nothing like following the moving truck staring at all the things you own in 1560 cubic ft.

photo

While I'm waiting to move in, I will need to address my candy and caffeine addiction that has developed during the cross country drive. It saved my family because it kept me awake, but it's time to let it go and attend rehab.

5 comments:

Jeanette said...

Mic you rock! Seriously did you fit all of your stuff in a Penske!?! Knowing you, everything will be in order by Tuesday at the latest with the Holiday and all. Glad that your safe and hope that it feels like home soon.

Kelli said...

Good luck in good ol' Utah. I can't wait to hear about it. Make sure you keep up with your blogging!

jweed said...

congrats on making it. it wears me out just reading about it! live it up in St. George, then you'll be ready for your new life!

literaqueen said...

Oh, I miss you already! Perhaps I need a "club foot" myself as I drive my Penske truck in a few weeks . . .

Emily S. said...

when do we get to see you?