The Stream

Friday, July 22, 2011

Double Donut

It was donut themed today. You know how I can't resist themes!

Up the canyon there is a quick hike called Donut Falls. The water goes through a hole in the rock and out the other side. Hard to see, but it's there with your spectacles.

( I am tempting all of my outsider friends to come visit me in Utah with my lush hiking photos. None have been tampered with, it's the real deal! Just like I am the real deal with my warm embrace when you visit)

Along the way, we found some flower samples to camouflage Gretchen's dress.

Of course when we finished, we stopped for some donuts. Mostly because that was the "carrot" to get my kids to stop complaining about how tired they were and how their legs huwrt, and how they could barely breathe! No one is complaining now.... Well except for Gretchen, Micah took a bite of HER donut and that would promote a sour face for the next twenty minutes.

Stay tuned for more of my themed hikes. They've got me staying awake at night planning them.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Oh man this makes me miss you guys! It's always fun with Mat 'n Mic. Speaking of themes we're having a theme date night with the Bennions -- a Harry Potter night. We're having butterbeer and cakeball snitches, then off to the movie. Maybe someday you'll be cool and we can have an HP date night.

Miss you.

Amber said...

Micki! I'm so glad you're here! We've been out and about but now we're home. I'll think of a themed plan and call you for a get together!!

shelob said...

I love how your girls hike in dresses. Does Gretchen still rock climb in a dress?