The Stream

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Return to St. George

We made a trek down to St. George to see Grandma Rexine and witness the baptism of one Grace Larkin. Micah had her third 4th birthday party complete with a DIY butterfly cake.

St. George city installed a carousel next to the Tabernacle and water play area, which is free for kids and 50¢ for adults. Ellie and Grace joined us.

Mat joined us late Friday night and the next morning we took advantage of some built in babysitting and hit a classic St. George climbing spot, Black Rocks. The fact that we hadn't climbed for a few weeks was painfully obvious once we started as our grip strength was sorely lacking, but we had fun nonetheless.

We had a nice afternoon swimming and hanging with the family after the baptism. That night we hit the Painted Pony, a fancy St. George restaurant. Mat raved about the bacon wrapped duck, I in turn spit out a piece he gave me into my napkin. He wasn't happy that I wasted a bite.

Sunday we visited Grandpa Horlacher, who has been battling Alzheimer's for a few years now. He is otherwise fit as a fiddle.

We also hit Worthen park to get the kids out of the house. The weather was beautiful and a good time was had by all.

4 comments:

Holly said...

ARE YOU COMING TO SEE US? Preston will be so upset if you don't. Sorry I forgot to leave a reply comment. Saw Andrea and Bob today so I hope you haven't left already!

Kelli said...

I've been thinking about you. We miss you guys. You'll have lots of good rock climbing in Uah. We'll come with you sometime :) I'll call soon. I want to hear about everything. I hope you're doing well.

Erin said...

Fun trip! We will be there in August (any chance you are heading back?). Can't wait to try the new carousel! We'll have to give the Painted Pony a go while we're at it! And just when we thought we had seen it all in good ol' St. George. :)

shelob said...

Did you have to lie on the ground to get that awesome climbing shot of Mat? Oh wait, that was only me that couldn't climb very far . . .