The Stream

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Places Everyone!

Please be seated. We are going on another trip. Chicago via Michigan.

Becket it is in his perfect little drawing station and it is looking like the stereotypical right brain disaster.

IMG_3540.jpg

I am stationed in the front. Loaves of bread, a serrated knife and a cutting board are musts. Mat asked if I brought the Kitchen Aid and I held up my knife in a "Don't mess!" gesture.

IMG_3539.jpg

Micah is in her usual nook with Nutella blotched across her face.

IMG_3542.jpg

And there is Gretchen. This time instead of maps stapled to the ceiling I wrote a bunch of site words on paper and stapled on the ceiling. I thought we could play light saber tag by swiping the word when I called it out. I figured I could do some variations, spelling, guessing games. This will bandage my teeny guilt for taking my kids out the 10 days school. So far it is working except the kids have no volume control.

IMG_3538.jpg

Mat is driving and I didn't take a picture of him. Probably because of the Kitchen Aid comment, but he will be doing the majority of the 24hrs of driving. Can anyone say nauseous? I compare car riding to the first trimester of pregnancy, at least that is what it is like for me. I feel sick, I have to eat every two hours, mostly salty carbs, and I don't have to go to the bathroom every hour, but my kids do. That mixes a similar potion of 1st trimester pregnancy.

Stay tuned for our first stop.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I am LOVING the cutting board!

Emily S. said...

Yay! I love hearing about your road trips. You are professionals at making your road trips as tolerable as possible. The coolest, creative ideas ever!