The Stream

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Scripture Scouts Mania!

Have you heard of the Scripture Scouts? It's these kids with a dog that talks and they act out this whole musical adventure. I swear it was made in the 70's and at first it is very annoying to listen to as a parent, but soon you will be singing the songs.

I ask my kids if they want to listen to music, they want to listen to scripture Scouts. I ask if they what they'd like to do for fun, it's Scripture Scouts.I ask if they would like to watch a show, and then they suggest the Scripture Scouts. They sit by the Ipod and listen, like I gather around chocolate to eat it. That's all they want to do. I've even tried mixing up the order a bit for variety, that was a mistake. We start from the beginning. Here they are singing one of the many songs:



Because they have learned the scriptures so well, I've ordered the New and Old Testament for them to listen to on our Fall trip in October. It's a secret, but I don't know if I can contain it--I am actually just as excited to listen to the Scripture Scouts myself.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Can I get a friend request? I can't view the video because it is private.
And I grew up listing to scripture scouts. It is a little hazy in my mind, but I really remember the dog. He had a weird voice.

Erin said...

Your kids are great singers! I'm quite sure I'll see your whole family on Broadway someday. :)
I need to look into Scripture Scouts since I'm doing an AWFUL job teaching scriptures to my kids.

I had to laugh at the comment you left me because I'm not nursing (only made it three months with Kole) and after three kids I am FLAT as a board. I just have a really GREAT padded bra. There's my little secret. :)

Oh...and I'll ask around for Mat! I swear every guy in the area we live in is either an attorney, doctor, or plastic surgeon of some sort. Oh how I'd love to have you living here!