The Stream

Friday, September 3, 2010

Picture Perfect

Mat has been asked to take pictures for a wedding next Friday and in anticipation, he has been practicing at home by snapping pictures of us.

First, you hear the bench open and the flash click on. A few "beep, beeps" from the camera and then you feel this black hole of lens in your face. At first, I pose to be polite and supportive. This would be my polite and supportive face:

_HAR3412.jpg

Then FlASH! A beam of light contracts the pupils and there is Mat standing there looking over the picture. He exams the aperture, shutter speed, white balance---whatever those camera words mean. And then SNAP! This is my, "I know what you're doing, but I'm going about my business anyway face."

_HAR3401.jpg

More adjusting and zooming and fixing--and then SNAP. This is my, "Really? I might break your camera face."

_HAR3400.jpg

So he moves onto other guinea pigs in the home.

Gretchen's "I've done this before face."

_HAR3404.jpg

"And, I'll do it again, because I'm 5, and I don't have a choice face"

_HAR3407.jpg

Becket's, "I'll smile for anyone with this toothless grin face"

_HAR3424.jpg

No comments: