The Stream

Friday, September 24, 2010

Blank

I've tried to stay distracted tonight, but I can't. I've tried to stay busy, but I can't. A dear relative has passed away suddenly at a very young age (our age) and it is hard to swallow. For reasons unexplained, he's passed away this afternoon. I'm numb. I can't even wrap my head around it. Man! It's been a week. I can't stop thinking about his wife and child. Where do you even begin to pick up the pieces AND even begin to give them an order?

Tonight, I have a handicap on all my regular routines. I'm staring. I've tried to do some other things around the house, but I find my thoughts boomeranging back to him and his family. I did manage to boil a pot of water for the kid's mac and cheese, and poured and stirred until it looked familiar. I put on a movie for distraction purposes and now I am trying to wind down to sleep. My eyes are swollen and my nose is closing in with stuffiness. Mat's out of town, so the timing of this conference is not helping!

Lesson Learned: Little things don't matter anymore, at least for a little while. And squeeze the family you love.

I am not seeking sympathy, but only writing because it is my therapy.

Shane we love you! May your family be strong. May your wife be strong. May your little boy be strong. Love Always, the Harris Family

5 comments:

andrea said...

Well said, my dearest Mic. Well said. Love you do dearly. A

Dannielle said...

Thanks for the remembrance Mic. My thoughts too are consumed. Life is precious! You are precious to me.

Holly said...

Thanks Mic. Love you guys.

dave&abby johnson family said...

so, so, sorry to hear of your loss. please know we are thinking of all of you at this time.

Taylor Family said...

I am so sorry you are hurting. Having watched my Mom go through this at a young age (she was only 32) and being the kid that had to go through it my heart just hurts for his family. Be thankful for the gospel it sometimes is the only thing that comes close to helping making sense out of stuff like this. It's been 31 years since we lost my Dad and it still hurts but I know he is never far away. Hugs to you.