The Stream

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

woMan on Wire-Until the Kids Saw Me

Have you ever tried slack lining? Is that what you call it Kelli? It's a strap that is tied between two trees. The goal is to walk across it without falling, turn around, and come back. It's easier said then done and Kelli makes it look easy--like she does everything else.

Just look at the concentration in those eyes and the balance!

_HAR3456.jpg


I gave it a few whirls, but then the kids saw how much fun the adults were having and got in the way of my high wire act.

_HAR3452.jpg

and then another...

_HAR3439.jpg

and then another...

_HAR3431.jpg

and then another....

_HAR3430.jpg

and then another...

_HAR3426.jpg

And repeat. Looks like I will have to try this some other time. We had dinner, cobbler and mallows, and a little musical entertainment to boot. An easy, kickback, summer Saturday evening.

_HAR3428.jpg

_HAR3445.jpg

I guess I'll just have to go watch Man on Wire to study up until next time (a lovely documentary, a must see, except, fast forward the wacky part at the end-so unnecessary). True story too!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

That looks like fun to try! And an inexpensive sport. I saw man on wire and was totally amazed! I can't believe he really....ok I won't ruin it for everyone. c