The Stream

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Behold, My Mesa





So one day I was stewing to myself about getting a bigger table. I needed a larger one if I was going to teach 8 preschoolers this Fall and besides we are always having guests for supper and needing the extra room. Then an epiphany came and almost "knocked " me over (get it). Don't you love epiphanies? They are few and far between. I was in my room staring at an old door that I bought at a garage sale last summer for $2 that was supposed to be turned into a headboard, but it was too heavy to support the frame. Well, doors make good tables, I've seen them before! I talked to Mat and he wasn't thrilled about my idea, but after pleading my case and serving him a lovely dinner, he conceded.

We used the legs of the old table, lengthened the sides and painted it turquoise. He wasn't thrilled about turquoise either, but it spelled"pizazz" to me and again I cooked him a lovely dinner. We ordered glass to cover the top from a local glass company, which was the most expensive part, and, I am now trying to figure out what to put under the glass. I was thinking old postcards, pressed butterflies, Mat's toenail clippings, any ideas? Thanks Handy Matty.

The results:

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Very cool. I am impressed out of my mind.

Erin said...

That is SO CUTE Mic! Love it. Love love love it!

Wendy P said...

love it! love it! love it!

Emily S. said...

That is fantastic! I love it!

Mindi said...

yes.

proof that you and dannielle ARE related.

are you sure it's not thru blood?


LOVE the table.