The Stream

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Travelers Passing Through

We were so excited to host our old friends the Cutlers from NC this past weekend. Oh! I could just squeeze them. And, I did.

_HAR3363.jpg

Gretchen has not found true BFF's like Hanna and Kirsten, since the move of '09. I think she was most excited about this joyous reunion.

_HAR3367.jpg

My how the kids have grown.

_HAR3385.jpg

It was nice to see Brooke's mom again too. She was along for the ride to help them move. She's one that goes with the flow and very comfortable to be around. She also got called my mother 4 times at church.

During the visit, the kids stay up too late with no end to their silliness. Then one of the kids usually gets hurt or has a break down and then the adults have to bring the hammer down. Kids are then separated into their separate cells and are given the "look" of death to stay in bed. After the children are asleep, the adults play games and laugh a little too much. It's the late night giddies. Anyone relate?

In my own little planned community where I am the developer, the Cutler's would be placed in my development along with many other dear friends who I am arranging housing for. Look for the development to start late 2011, after we get a job.

2 comments:

Rachel Oswald said...

How fun! We miss all you wild NC friends. Can we be added to your development? It's funny you mention that, because just last week Kolby and I were talking about all the great friends we've made and how we wish we could all live within a few miles of each other forever. That would be the best!

Brooke said...

Can this 'development' be somewhere warmer than Wisconsin? The kids have already told me multiple times that we need to find our jackets - and it is only August. Thanks Mic and Mat for being the perfect family. We always come away from a visit to the Harrises thinking - we should be really threatened by how amazing they are, but they are just so fun we aren't. We love you guys!!! Looking forward to October.