The Stream

Sunday, July 4, 2010

We "Bearly" Made It



Monday morning at Bear lake started off with a 50 mi bike ride around the lake. The furthest I have gone on my ride was 25mi so I figured what's another 25miles? That's what I told myself anyway as to not get too physced out.

Here we are all lined up ready to go:

And then we crashed minutes later at the scene only 10 ft from the starting line. We've got skill!


After we got the crash out of the way and wounds bandaged up, take 2 was a better start.

DSC_0030.jpg

Introducing... The Hard Core Posse. They happen to be very fit, strong, and have a drafting system:


Introducing... The Smelling the Roses Posse. This group takes their time, solves the world's problems, and has no drafting system whatsoever:


I'm trying to pose the S curve on my bike. Do not attempt this on a bike, it is only for experienced S curvers. It's supposed to make you appear skinny in pictures, but I think it makes you look ridiculous so I try to do it every chance I get.

After finishing his race, Mat rode back to greet me to the finish line. Quite the gentlemen and I think he was surprised to find that his lady wasn't too far behind.


The rest of the day entailed the Amazing Race


Whip cream eating contest

We were given a sheet of paper with a picture of everyone's eyeball on it. We had to label the eyeball with the correct name in order to go onto the zerbert jingle relay. Very challenging and it took half the afternoon to get them solved!

The winners were Team Larkin



Later, we took the kids to the park the only way to take 27 grandkids to the park--Illegally

We also had family home evening/testimony meeting, which evolved into lots of bonding and a giant group hug.We almost look like one big swirly, whirly, toilet bowl.

4 comments:

Holly said...

Glad to see Tommy's signature shorts made it out there.

Dannielle said...

I love, love, love the group hug picture! I miss everyone already. Let's go back!

Erin said...

What a fun post Mic! You look amazing on your bike. :) I'm so bummed I missed you! We're already back in San Diego. Will we ever meet again!?

Had a lovely time in Parowan during the parade Saturday. Thought of you. :)

Rachel Oswald said...

DEFINTELY going to go practice my S curve pose now. You looked WAY skinny doing it. Must be all that biking! What fun families you both have.