The Stream

Friday, July 16, 2010

Southern Aquantainces

While driving to St. George. I had to stop and visit the lovely Spencers (dear friends from our Hershey days)



And while in Alpine, I had to check up on my Grandma's old house. After her sudden passing, the family sold the house and since then , it has been remodeled for a business. I knocked on the door for a looksy, but to my dismay, they were out of the office. I loved eating Jell-O Pudding Pops on that front porch. Why don't they make Jell-O Pudding Pops anymore? They had that thin sheet of ice around them that you had to break through to get to the goodness.



While in St. George, it was good to spend time with my Mom. The kids could sit and listen to Grandma Rexine read all day. She's got that "school teacher exciting toned-voice" that I try to mimic when I read, but she is definitly the expert.



It was also good to spend time with Dannielle and her family.Everyone who meets Dannielle LOVES Dannielle. We were at her house and we found an egg WITHOUT a shell from her chickens. It was so creepy. It was like holding a water balloon.





It was also good to see old friends Mern, Angie, Becky, Brooke, Traci, and Kenzie. It's always a lovely time to reminisce. I'll have to catch their pictures later.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Jared says when chickens are really hot they pant and breathe off so much carbon dioxide that they don't have enough carbonate to make their shells thick.

Now you know. Of course Jared knows. We're living it up in Idaho! It'll be fun to see you in Morgantown when we both get back.

Thanks for the updates, I haven't done anything with our blog while we've been here. Oops.

Emily S. said...

It was good to see you too Mic!