The Stream

Monday, July 5, 2010

Grin and Bear it






Day 3 we spent at the Minnetonka Caves on the Idaho border. I'd have to say that the cave formations were not the main attractions

it was our cave tour guide bum Don, that's D-O-N ( he spelled it for us, that's how I know it is spelled).

(I laugh just looking at his tour guide face and painted red skunk hair)

1. We once found a pack rat in this cave three times the size of a house cat. Dragged one guy out of the cave............ scratches all over his neck.......spent a week in the hospital!
2. I didn't go to sleep until 3 am this morning so I had to stop at my mom's store and pick up 4 energy drinks. I said, "I'll pay you for 'em later mom! Only way I can get through the cave today!"
3. Don. D-O-N.
4. So......... Pretty much.......... yeah!
5. Since you guys are such a big group I'm gonna have to tack on some extra rules. So........... pretty much............ yeah.
6. We caught this guy licking this stalagmite, tongue and everything!
7. I don't usually show Casper to large groups. But since you asked I guess I can show you.
8. If any of you don't make it outta here I'm pretty much not gonna be able to carry you but we have a really good search and rescue and pretty much all I have to do it sit here with you for like half and hour and then...... pretty much.....yeah.
9. When I talk it needs to be like dead silent. 'cause it pretty much bugs me when people don't shut up.
10. I was really scared for this big group but you guys were pretty much the best group I've ever had, Ever!
11. We need to sit here for a while and let everyone catch their breath from walking DOWN those stairs. So I'll just tell you about this snake...........

These two passed out. Good thing we have big, strong, older cousins to help out. Older cousins are a must on big family vacations. They save your life and your back in this case from walking out of the cave.
Later on we had our on little mini HA cup soccer. It was just the right thing to get us moving.

Team Italia

Team USA


Team Brazil


Team Espania
Team Deutschland


Team Ivory Coast

Lots of laughs


Lots of effort
Action shots



the Winners were Team Espania



Later that night we finished with our classic Talent Show

Repeating lots of spastic jumping

Dancing
Gynastics
and more reenactments of our tour guide Don.

No comments: