The Stream

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Moothy, Matty, Mat, Dad, Daddy, Dude

IMG_5273

Today is the MISTER'S birthday. Hmmm, what to get him for his birthday, what to get, tap, tap, what to get? Funny. He came to me and suggested that I get him a road bike for ME. Read that twice to be sure you got it. He bought ME a road bike for his birthday. Sweet spokes a mighty! When does this ever happen on someone else's birthday that you get to be the beneficiary?

IMG_5264


I've been wanting one before road biking was even cool! I took it and ran, or should I say biked?

IMG_5267


He deserves a big day of wows! I'll try to make it happen with all this snow. Tradition for the past three years has been "bring the eclairs to work day" for his birthday. We will have a lovely dinner tonight with squealing kids, because they like any kind of party they are involved in.

To Mat:
I love how you sleep with your arms tightly pinned to your sides at night, kind of like a nicely posed corpse. Erie, but true.

I like how you get up and do he dishes immediately after we are done eating. I am too tired to get up, so I just sit there and pretend I'm helping the kids finish.

I love watching how you do your nightly routine to set up for the morning. You get out your pan for eggs, set it on the burner and then set the turner beside it, pack your lunch, you set out your running shoes by the door, your running gear on the dresser, set out your work clothes, all in the name of efficiency.

I like your contagious laughs during shows. It makes it all the more hilarious, even when it might not be that funny.

You've got great teeth. A girl in high school pointed that out to him once and it was sorta weird to him, so I like to make remind him of it at least twice a year. He really does have nice teeth.

You never complain. How do you do that--is that because you are married to griper?

Happy birthday Mat!

IMG_5278

We got you a light weight helmet (with research help from Dannielle) so you can keep up with me on the road. Enjoy! Light weight helmet will be here next week!

IMG_5287

7 comments:

Emily S. said...

Mat definitely has a contagious laugh! And we miss hearing it :-)
Happy Birthday! Have a good one!

Erin said...

Happy Birthday Mic's husband! :) I loved this post. Congrats on the new bike! I can see you racing down hills in it already. Snowy hills it sounds like (I LIVED for snow days when we were in VA - of course I taught school and had no kids at home...) Anyway, that's getting off the subject. Have fun celebrating with your husband! I've always noticed his nice teeth too. :)

McArthur Family said...

Happy Birthday Mat!

Mic, I love how excited you are to have a bike...it looks really nice too.

Would you like me to watch your kids tomorrow evening so you two can go out?

sunnie said...

LUCKY!!

Rachel Oswald said...

Yay for selfless hubbies! You look so fly with your new bike. Your BDay banner is awesome! What a fun family.

dave&abby johnson family said...

WOW!! im jealous, sweet bike!!!! happy birthday matt, hope it was a good one with many more to come!!!!

Alicia H said...

Oh Mikkers! Aren't you the luckiest girl! Mat is such a great example to ALL hubbies out there. I will be sure that Greg sees this one...HEE HEE HEE

MISS YOU ALL & Happy BELATED Birthday Mat