The Stream

Monday, February 8, 2010

Take a Guess

Tonight for FHE, I was trying to have the family guess what special world-wide event was opening Friday night. The Olympics was the keyword, but in our home the guess was not so much. Here's a listen:

Mic:" What event is taking place Friday night? It brings all the countries together to do this one thing and you can watch it on TV?"
Gretchen: "Countries like, Poland, France and Spanish?"
Mic:"Yes."
Gretchen: "Um..My Ballet Class? It's on Fridays."
Becket: "Another earthquake?"
Gretchen:" Becket's Valentine party?"
Mic: "No, it's the Olympics."
Mat: "I had no idea what you were trying to get me to guess."
Mic: Sigh.

Mic: "All these athletes come together to compete in a winter sport. Now, to be an athlete you have to take care of your body. What foods should you put in it?" (It's health awareness month btw)

Becket: "Uh..Chicken, maybe some carrots, some bacon, and some pig."
Gretchen: "I like bacon and chicken too, and maybe some tuna. Just a little bit."

Mic: "I challenge you to come up with your own Olympic sport and then tell it to us Friday night."
Gretchen: "I think you could do some twirlies on the ice or something." (Then she demonstrates)

Mic: "Let's pray."

Healthy practice

To teach kids about the heart, use a turkey baster to describe how the heart pumps the blood in and out.
IMG_5067

Good oral hygiene, cut an egg carton in half and tape bottoms together. Use a toothbrush to practice:
IMG_5063

I don't know why she is looking like Popeye in this picture, but she is.

And then there is the classic snack that makes you SMILE:

IMG_5056

Apple slices, peanut butter, and marshmallows.

2 comments:

McArthur Family said...

Ok, that is the coolest snowwoman I've ever seen! What a brilliant idea to spray colored water on snow!! I'd love to be a kid in the Harris house...full of fun ideas...never a dull moment.

Erin said...

"My ballet class.." HA! ha ha. Love it. I so love hearing your family dialogue. Great FHE. I now remember you share my love for the Olympics! I'm so excited for the ice skating.

Your snowwoman is AMAZING. She would steal any show.

Oh - and your Scooter comment made me laugh out loud. Haven't thought about him for awhile. :) No - the candy thrower was Jared Lee...my age. Did you know him?