The Stream

Monday, February 1, 2010

Bring Me Some Figgy Pudding



I had some dried figs stare me down in Kroger the other day. I had never had a plain old fig before. Have you? I hadn't noticed them on the shelf until now or I would have tried them sooner. After all, they are THEE biblical dessert! I like Fig Newtons and I would actually prefer them without the cake, so why didn't I just buy the fig itself? Turns out they have lots of fiber too! Little trivia: 2 dried apricots contain 1.7g of fiber, 1 tbsp of raisins contains 1g of fiber, and 1 dried fig contains 3.5g of fiber. There you go--try a fig!

6 comments:

Erin said...

I should try a fig. I need more fiber!

You know what's funny. When I tipped over yesterday I seriously thought "where's Mic...she would appreciate this." No joke. That's what popped into my head. :)

Kelli said...

Let me know if they are any good.

Kelli said...

BTW, I just read your side column of quotes from your chillins (looking for a good laugh) and I have to say they brightened my spirits right up. I sure love those kids. I just wish I could hear all of these quotes in person. Ha!

Natalie said...

beautiful pix

McArthur Family said...

I just love how you phrase things. And no I haven't tried a fig...would like to after reading your post. =)

Rachel Oswald said...

You little health nut! Unless they come deep fried or sugar coated, I think I may have to pass. And YES, of course church was cancelled! I love how everything shuts down for a week over 5 inches of snow!