The Stream

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

1 day of school, we need a vacation!


After being out of school for seven days, Becket went back to school yesterday. It was totally weird and unwelcome. I found myself having to pack a lunch again, hurry the kids along in a mad rush and return to an efficient routine. Gretchen refused! Instead of getting dressed, she laid on the bathroom floor crying, causing Beck to almost miss the bus. We were so grouchy! Darts and daggers were flying everywhere. It was so not the norm. I needed a vacation!

Well, I got one. Smile. The snow came in heap loads as I was driving to the school to help with the postponed Valentine party. The old van was slipping and sliding everywhere (don't worry mom, we're fine--she stresses about these things for everyone)And you guessed it, school was cancelled today. And, if you were to look out my window right now, you would have zero visibility. School might be cancelled tomorrow. I need to go to Pittsburgh, so secretly I hope it is and I secretly hope I can make it up my hill. I know it's a crazy thought to drive in this weather, but 37" of snow in February alone, it's becoming the norm.

3 comments:

Rachel Oswald said...

Ahahaha that cat kills me. I am not jealous of your snow, and glad you were safe. You are brave, and you'll have to remind me of how to drive in snow again.
Yes, we are moving to NY probably middle of April - still no definite date. And as for the recipe - if you click on Honey Lime Enchiladas in red in my post, it takes you there: http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen/recipes/main-courses/honey-lime-enchiladas/
Super easy and super yummers.

Emily S. said...

kinda jealous of your snow. It feels like spring here. I guess we are expecting snow tomorrow though...
snow never ever cancels school around here :-)

Caroline said...

ok, it took me like 5 minutes to get that picture. hello! It's pretty funny. I can't believe all the snow, I hope it doesn't swallow you all up!