The Stream

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Dental Awareness Snack and Puffs

For those of you who know or don't know here is a dental awareness snack idea
Apples
Peanut Butter
Marshmallows
I added raisins because I thought it was hysterical

IMG_2042

What if?

IMG_2046

Here's the cream puff recipe. I'm taking some in to my husband's work tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Éclair Puffs
Puff:
1 cup water
1 stick butter
1 cup flour
Pinch salt
4 eggs (She used large eggs, not extra large)

Bring to boil: water, butter, salt.
Remove from heat and add flour. Mix well. Add 1 egg at a time. Mix well. Makes a gooey substance. Drop heaping teaspoon full on a cookie sheet. Bake at 400 till golden (25-30 mins). Cook them until really golden brown, not like a cookie, because you want it to be supportive enough to hold your cream.

Filling:
2 pkg. vanilla instant pudding
2 ½ cups milk
1 pt whipping cream

Mix pudding with milk – follow directions on box (mix about 2 mins and then chill.) Whip cream until stiff. Allow both to set a bit in the fridge and then mix together and keep cold.
Then fill the puffs once they are cool.

Chocolate Glaze:
4 T cocoa
3 T and 1 tsp water
2 T oil
2 T corn syrup
2 cups confectioners sugar

Stir first 4 ingredients in a saucepan on low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat and add sugar.
Ice the éclairs while the glaze is still hot. Cover it like a blanket, one swoop from one side to the other.

7 comments:

Shannon Stoker said...

I am loving the dental awareness snack!! How has my husband been in dental school for almost 3 years and hasn't learned that one yet....should be a day 1 lecture I think, as part of the curriculum.

Lizzy said...

I am SO glad you left this recipe . . . I saw you mention learning how to make them and I was going to ask . . . I can't wait!

Erin said...

HA! The raisens ARE hysterical! What a cute snack...I'm going to have to try that one.

Jessica said...

Cool Mic! Thanks for sharing! How does one go about filling the puff with cream?

Emily S. said...

Cute snack idea!

Alicia H said...

Ok...so funny. I tried to copy your recipe and paste it to word...I couldn't see anything. So I thought...well maybe you can't copy & paste?!? Then I realized your wording was white and you can't see white on white...DUH! Glad I figured that one out. Can't wait to try these. Been craving them. Thanks again Mickers.

Dave and Mel said...

Can't wait to try these- I love CREAM PUFFS! Actually, can you just come make them for me, that would be more fun :)