The Stream

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Achoo! A Thing

This has been floating around like the common cold. I don't normally catch these colds, so to speak, but I've found it very interesting to learn about people and their silliness. I started a list in my head, and well, I'm leaving this for my posterity. You definitely don't have to read it, but I would love to see if we have something in common.

1. I feel like half my day is spent with my body bent in half, cleaning, picking up toys, wiping faces, stretching because my back hurts from cleaning, picking up toys, wiping faces.
2. I laugh the hardest when someone trips or falls down unexpectedly
3. I use soap down to the last sliver. It gives me a sense of accomplishment and I feel like I am not an American that wastes, well, soap, at least.
4. Sometimes at night, I get really giddy because I get to go to sleep in a nice warm bed and then I’m so giddy that I can’t sleep
5. I’ve always wanted to visit Konigsee in Germany ever since my husband described it to me. There are two lakes and when you cross the upper lake there is a sweet little lady waiting to sell you her homemade bread, milk, and freshly churned butter. New Zealand Haka dances sound nice too!
6. When I was 8, I really thought I was the Karate Kid. I jumped down from a tree and kneed my brothers friend right where it counts. He fell over and Micki-Son was winner!
7. I require a 5 minute snoozer daily.
8. I got bit by a scorpion when I was 5 and cried in the hall for an hour until my mom finally believed something was actually wrong to come check on me. Tough love hurts, literally!
9. I love Farmer Markets… it’s variety of people, fresh food, fresh flowers and an occasional band
10. I’ve always wanted to milk a cow by hand while sitting on a three legged stool.
11. I want to go to lunch with the Car Talk guys, Click and Clack on NPR
12. I think I want to study Behavioral Science when my kids are in school. Maybe I should study it now, so I can figure out why they behave the way they do?
13. Nice sunny days really make my mood happy and peachy. Ask me anything on these days and more than likely I’ll say yes
14. I really like the songs, King of the Road by Rodger Miller, Patience by Guns and Roses and Your Love Is, by Peter and Storm (new one, on the blog)
15. I clean to clear my mind and in a funny way that is cleaning too!
16. I love to eat summer foods more than winter foods.
17. One summer, I thought I would try to shower by only using swimming pools. My hair didn’t look so great that summer.
18. I DON’T text. I can barely type out phone numbers that are worded.
19. You could spread Nutella over anything and I would eat it
20. My bad habit is not putting my shoes on the shelf when I’m done with them, but I swear, I’m only going to throw them on again in two seconds. Bad habit #2, not owning up to bad habit #1
21. I secretly wish the White House would hire me to clean up all this wasteful spending and also have me crack a whip on people working more efficiently in government jobs.
22. Someday, I would love to have a wrap-around porch, a cutting garden, espaliered fruit trees, and a sun room
23. I think I have a well-trained guardian angel, because I would have been long gone if he/she weren’t here. Especially, when I'm driving.
24. I love the wisdom and the laid back way of my elders. I think they’re quirky and I love that they don’t care about frivolous things.
25. I love atmosphere. For example, when you’re outside and the music is good, the lighting is good, the food is good, the temperatures just right with a slight breeze to lift your hair,…It’s moments like these that I just like to soak it all in.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Fun Mic! I knew your 25 would be interesting to say the least! :) We are alike in the sunny day department (amazing what weather does to your mood)...and not alike in the soap department. I HATE sliver soap! I throw it away early (sometimes only half used) to avoid it getting too slivery and slippery. Perhaps I should mail my half used soap to you? :)

Emily S. said...

Wow - I learned a ton about you! But it makes me love you all the more :-) Ditto #25

Shannon Stoker said...

I also laugh at clumsiness (my own included), would pay big money for a lunch with car talk guys, use the sliver of soap until it disappears (same with shampoo & conditioner-sometimes I add water at the end to get one or two more uses out of it), I DO text, but don't facebook, and I agree that there is nothing better than that PERFECT temperature with a light breeze.

Alicia H said...

You are my sunshine. You make me laugh. I always enjoy reading your blog. THANKS for sharing. Maybe someday I will share like you...who knows! Your GGGGREAT! (say that "great" like tony the tiger...sounds funnier) HEE HEE HEE

Dave and Mel said...

Mic- I think you should be a writer- not sure for who or what- but you've got a way with words. I too have found these lists interesting and may do one-- someday. The last three pictures of Gretchen are beautiful- love them!