The Stream

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Smorgasbord Post

A lot of things I wanted to post, but not enough time due to my house owning me at the moment.

A few things that we did over the past week or so....

We went and met Mat for lunch. It's nice to do something different and spice things up a bit. Next to the ophthalmology center , they have a double wide trailer with wood paneling inside. It serves only the finest of gas station type food. It is known as the Trailer and Mat was kind enough to treat us with his allotted spending money.

So it wasn't exactly the most healthy lunch, Cheetos, ice cream, but the kids were delighted and they got creative as you can see.

IMG_1972

IMG_1975


Church ball. What cracks me up about playing with these women is that when we have a time out, someone is off to nurse, hold their baby or we're passing kids to and fro while we sub. We are having a lovely time.

IMG_1999

Lately, Gretchen likes to add the phrase "or something" to ending of many of her sentences. Example, "I think this need some sauce or something" or "I think I'm going to go to the bathroom or something" or "You're hair looks funny or something." She is so adult.

We watched baby Kaitlynn on Friday and as you can tell she was well entertained. I asked the kids if we needed to have another baby...Becket's reply, "Ye-ah-a, Micah needs a friend." (Don't count on it)

IMG_1987

Shirley Rollin's is known for her famous creme puffs. My friend Brooke invited her over to her house to teach the needy on how to make these incredible desserts. Husbands will think about these all day at work, well, at least mine does.

IMG_2014

I didn't realize that there was such an art to them. You have to make sure they are golden enough so they hold the creme. The dough is also gooey, which I would have never expected. You also have to lay the frosting on like a blanket. Gorgeous!

IMG_2009

This just in from Grandma Augenstein commenting on my weekly flow side bar of what the kids say:

Grandma has an addition for your blog,


Becket: why did you ask me that, Daddy?

Mat: Sorry son, I forgot for a minute. You asked all those questions because it's genetic. I deserve your questions because of the 10,000 I asked my mom when I was your age! I'd love to answer every one of them!

Grandma Andrea: You know it!! (P.S. He was an awfully cute, scary smart little boy, just like his son.)

Love you,

Mom


The end.

I'm no longer craving a chocolate chip cookie at 8AM in the morning. Thought I would share!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm so jealous you get to play church ball! I played a bit in Salt Lake but they don't do it out here for the women. :( Wow, all kinds of memories as flooding through my head of SCHS basketball. LOL!

Team Draughon said...

how weird...Jillian says the same thing. "I think I want a chocolate milk...or something"

I think its cute :)

adespain said...

I love your kids and all the things they say. Soren is just getting to that stage and I love it. I missed Church Ball last week, did we win? Oh and are you going to teach me the art of creme puffs, now that you are a pro?

Stoker Family said...

can you please post the recipe for the puffs so I can devour them. They can in return puff up my backside even more. Also, craving chocolate chips at 8 am? Is that you? Are you prego?

Erin said...

So it's 8:30 in the morning here and now thanks to your blog I'm craving a creme puff.

Anonymous said...

must be a 3 year old thing! Gabriela totally adds on "or something" to the end of her sentances too!!