The Stream

Monday, February 9, 2009

Juice Boxes and Martha

Just curious....Do you find this trend in most kids that when they are given a juice box, they don't come up for air until you here the air pocket slurp? My kids average about 56 seconds from start to finish when they inhale these little mylar pouches.

IMG_2093

Here's our friend Martha. She was a former elementary school teacher from Honduras. She goes the extra mile in the kids workshops for Home Depot by giving the kids a snack, drink and a hug the first Saturday of every month. Next month race cars.

IMG_2102

4 comments:

Stoker Family said...

I never buy those juice boxes because Charlotte hates juice. I know it isn't normal. She also hates pizza, chicken nuggets and mac & cheese.

Jenny said...

I'm glad I talked to you yesterday about the crafts at Home Depot. We are excited to check them out for ourselves!
So-- I just noticed today your comments on my blog. I'm so use to no one saying anything I don't even check anymore. I'd lke to think my mom would at least comment...but I'm afraid she doesn't know how (computers can be so tricky). :)

Rachel Oswald said...

Cohen isn't crazy about juice, but he does the same thing with juice boxes. I guess they are just so exciting! We're going to have to hit up craft day with you at HD before you guys move - that looks awesome.

Angie Cazier said...

my kids love those things. they would prefer if i would give them diet coke or dr. pepper (i know i'm mother of the year that they even know what those are) we love capri suns.