The Stream

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Best Romantic Comedies (or so they say)

Here is what Rotten Tomatoes suggests as the best romantic comedies (they averaged the critics ratings and then ranked them highest to lowest:
25. While You Were Sleeping
24. 40 Year Old Virgin
23. Forgetting Sarah Marshal
22. Harold and Maude
21. Eat Drink Man Woman
20. What's Up Doc?
19. Breakfast at Tiffany's
18. The Apartment
17. Splash
16. Chasing Amy
15. When Harry Met Sally
14. High Fildelity
13. Knocked Up
12. Moonstruck
11. Hannah and Her Sisters
10. About a Boy
9. Bringing Up Baby
8. Four Weddings and a Funeral
7. His Girl Friday
6. It Happened One Night
5. Sense and Sensibility
4. Manhattan
3. Roman Holiday
2. Annie Hall
1. Philadelphia Story


Some of these I haven't even heard of like #'s 21, 18, 11, 7 & 6? Any of you seen these? If so, would you recommend them? I think my favorites from the list are About a Boy, Sense and Sensibility, Roman Holiday (huge Hepburn fan!) and While You Were Sleeping (tradition for my little old self to watch it at Christmas). Are they missing any? What about that cute one with Will Smith and Kevin James, Hitch?

Happy Valentine's Day! Hope everyone can do something fun.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I can't believe The Notebook isn't on that list. I LOVE that movie!!!
A lot of the movies on this list I haven't seen (or even heard of), maybe I'll talk Lincoln into watching a couple with me this weekend. (sign) Valentines.

Hansen Family said...

Mic thanks for the special gift in the mail:) Your family is just adorable and growing up way too fast:) take care and again THANKS:)
Chrissy

adespain said...

His Girl Friday is an old Cary Grant movie, I like it, it has been a while since I've seen it but I would say it is a classic romantic comedy. And it Happened One Night is also an old Black and White Claudet Coldburn (sp) that is amusing. If you can trust my judgement that is.

Larsen Family said...

That list sucks. You asked