The Stream

Friday, February 27, 2009

More desert fun

Yesterday we headed up to Zion National Park with Dannielle and Braden to make a quick hike up Angel's Landing. The last ascent was freakier than we remembered.

Ascending the Landing

On the edge

We actually went on our 2nd date up here, so we had to replicate the same photo we took way back then.

2nd date redux

We grabbed this panorama (better seen by clicking on it) at the highest point on the Landing.

Zion pano

This morning we took the kids out to Snow Canyon to play on the dunes.

Crossing the dunes

Micah playing in the sand

We also had some fun ourselves.

Sand Jumping

7 comments:

Dave and Mel said...

these are the coolest pictures I've seen in a while- looks like you are livin' it up out there and I'm so glad you got to go. I'm actually flying out there tonight- when do you go home?

Abs said...

Love that hike! I hope that I get to do it again someday... Gretchen's Prayers crack me up.

What's the Fancy Dance? said...

I remember the Angel's Landing hike being a bit freaky at the top and that was years ago. All of your photos are bringing back so many fun memories. Glad you're having such a good time.

Lizzy said...

It is SO beautiful up there! I totally missed out on all of that when we were at BYU! I'm so proud of you for keeping up with your blogging while you're gone, so impressive.

Erin said...

I'm so impressed Mic! When I go to St. George I usually just shop and eat too much food! I need to hang out with you a little more and take advantage of all the fun stuff to do...especially since you can do a lot of it with kids. I'm also usually all about the free babysitting when I'm there...
Oh - and thanks to you I now can't throw away soap slivers anymore. I feel guilty. Look at you changing the world for the better...one blogger at a time. :)

Rachel Oswald said...

That picture of you leaping for joy belongs in a magazine. You guys are so adventurous! Glad you had a great trip.

Cheryl said...

sweet pictures!!!!!!