The Stream

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Things Dancing in My Head

To Jeanette-
Here is what I did with my half of the lemon gummy candies I split with you from that Amish store we went to together.

Lemon layer cake

Couponing Negative 101

I have always envied these ladies that say they got all this for $5.96 and then they attach a picture showing loads of groceries trying to fight for room on the table. I don't know how it is for you, but I usually come home from the store and take a picture of my 5 items and say, "I got all this for $103 dollars!"
Well not today! I beat the system and got my Kashi Go Lean at $1.00 a piece. HA!



PB stands for Prison Break. Every summer Mat and I choose a series to watch from beginning to present. Last year it was Gilmore Girls, the year before that, The Office, the year before that, 24. This year it is Prison Break, which I have to say it's quite intense and nail biting. I also have to say, Mat was wearing blue jeans and a gray long-sleeve shirt yesterday, just like Michael Scofield wears in season 3, and I kept finding him so attractive.



We need to finish this show because we are staying up way too late. Were constantly being tortured by their cliff hangers and saggy eyes.

Lastly, I would like a to dedicate a poem to my dentist office. I've had a lot of time to think in my dentist chair, so I thought I would pay tribute:

Zeeeen thlurup
Sitting in the dentist chair
Looking at the light that glares

glurrrrrr gagaclk zien
Sounds of shovels hitting rocks
Toes are numbing in my socks

shlurrr slushhhhhh glim grrr
Thoughts bounce and fly through my head
Send that gift, get that show, Where's my bed?

Clink tap, tap , tap blquuuuuck
Sounds like a mechanic in here or a carpenter too
but it's my dentist telling me I've got a cavity or two!

7 comments:

melancholyjune said...

Mmmm... miss me some PB and Michael Scofield. But I do have to admit, by the last season I was really ready for a final break...

Rachel Oswald said...

Love PB - the first few seasons anyway. Love LOVE Michael Scofield. Your lemon cake looks divine. Those gummies are the best!

Holly said...

Hey Mic, I've been blog stalking since we came to your house so I figured I better make my presence known. I love seeing your pictures and your sweet kids!

Hope you had a good time at Free Museum Day. I'll send you an invite to our blog if you would like.

Jeanette said...

Love the cake, wish I could try a piece. Your poem is speaks to me. I will be seeing the dentist for the first time in three years next week. I have a feeling I will be reciting your poem in my head. Your kids and the darn cute things they say, thanks for sharing, always a good laugh.

Abs said...

So I'm sooo with you on the coupon thing. I don't understand how people have the time and patience to get unbelievable deals. Great job with the Kashi!

Joellen said...

Hey guys,
We watched PB 2 summers ago and last summer was dedicated to LOST. If you haven't watched it yet you should.
When are you coming again? Let us know so you can cook for us.
signed, Mrs. Jared B. Hanks PE

Joellen said...

Hey guys,
We watched PB 2 summers ago and last summer was dedicated to LOST. If you haven't watched it yet you should.
When are you coming again? Let us know so you can cook for us.
signed, Mrs. Jared B. Hanks PE