The Stream

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Family Pictures = Torture

Every year we attempt a family picture. I explain to the children, "Children, do you know why we take a family picture every year?"...silence..."because it's for our posterity and for our Christmas card to send to family. You change each year so we snap a picture to measure how you've grown" Kids response, "Did you say Christmas? WE LOVE CHRISTMAS!" Explanation out the window.
Ever since Beck came along this is a family tradition we stomp out to do. It's a love hate. We try to do it ourselves, sporadically-because I never know what time the family will be primped and stain free. Mat and I are also tightly wound.."Don't touch that! Don't put that blanket over your head! That is dirt, dirt is dirty!"

Here are just a few of our many episodes.

This is me scratching a booger off of Micah's forehead. Becket's already yawning and Gretchen's thinking about how much dirt she can squeeze between her big toes.
Primping

Ready. Camera. Action. Yup. Nice photo. Gretchen and Micah having their own conversation, I look like I'm at my surprise birthday party, and Becket and Mat look thrilled to be here. Not to mention we're out of focus.
_TLA7789

After a 100 pictures, we did get some of the kids that we liked...maybe it's because if we could point at the camera, they wouldn't forget what it looked like. I will be calling my backup, you Amber, if we ever get ready and stain free again. We at least gave it a try.

Running in color

Circles

Jumping portraits

Good buds

6 comments:

McArthur Family said...

oh boy, I can so relate. I do love the kiddie pics. Honestly, I'd love to take some for you anytime. We are thankful Mat helped us out, so please feel free...anytime.

Love the background for the family photo...where is that?

sunnie said...

I agree. It is torture!

Erin said...

That last one and the one of the kids running was worth the whole awful photo shoot! I'm so with you Mic. Family pictures are THE WORST. I totally dread them. They never turn out like you invision. I do have to say though that your hair looks beautiful! Even if it was a side profile. :)

Rachel Oswald said...

You are gorgeous, I love your long hair! The pics of your kids turned out so well, so I'd say the torture was worth it. You guys take the best pictures.

Caroline said...

I agree it's always a really stressful event. Last year we had about 10 minutes of lighting by the time we all got ready. At least there were less pictures to sort through. The kiddos look cute in their pictures. I like the white shirt/jeans look!

Emily S. said...

Wow - those pictures are darling! And you look gorgeous as always!