The Stream

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig

Yesterday continued...
I went to the bus stop and all the kids came off, but no Becket, I started to panic, this was my worst fear mind you. I didn't see the bus driver waving me over to hand me a form about the bus and then she let him off. He was excited. He sang in his opera voice, "School, school, I love school, I love my teacher Ms. Lantanzi, I am a Kindergartner!" Gretchen and I made a welcome home sign for him and after he looked at it he then paused and looked at me and said, "See Mom, I told you I would come, I just did."

The reunion
IMG_3894

He kept remembering little tidbits all evening and would spout them off..."There was this boy who was crying because he didn't get to be the leader because I was the leader. I'm not going to cry when I'm not the leader. I'll just be quiet when my teacher tells me to." He also said, "Mom even though I like being at school, I like being with you more." Brownie points to the suck up!

Today was way more relaxed knowing that he pulled off the bus thing yesterday (as long as he pays attention). He is a sweet lovable kid who wants to do the right thing. I just hope he keeps some of that innocence when he goes to school or at least acts like he kept it when he gets home. I guess sometimes we think our kids can't handle these things without us, but oh how we forget we were once there too, having to take the big step ourselves and now we're tough as nails (minus my whimpers yesterday)

Next
IMG_3882

Next, Next
IMG_3883

8 comments:

Shauntel said...

Oh how I'm dreading this day. Kudos for surviving sending your first born off. :)

By the way, we miss you. I still look for Micah toddling from nursery room one to nursery room two. :)

Alicia H said...

I KNEW you could all do it! GOOD JOB BOB! (I don't really know who bob is :) )

The Singer Family said...

Congrats on a great day. Now just 12 more years and 179 more days of this crazy part of life we call school!

Erin said...

Oh that picture of the three of them hugging is priceless! I just love your little Becket - he's so full of life! Wonder where he gets that from? :)

Congrats on a successful first day! Nice to have that behind us, isn't it. Are we old to have Kindergartners? Don't answer that.

Shauntel said...

Also. These photos are priceless, especially the front door photo.

And how did itty bitty Micah get to be so not itty bitty?

Love them.

Jenny said...

What a reunion for the kids (and you too of course)! I love reading your blog-- I think you are so entertaining!!!
I hope everything is going well with your family. We miss you!

Melanie said...

I love your family. Your stories always make me feel happy.

Dave and Mel said...

Hey mic- congrats to you and Becket! It looks like he was a pro and I'm sure you kept your cool very well. Zanna and James start school on Wednesday and I know it will be very bitter/sweet for me. Sometimes I just want to be back in Hershey with our little babes!