The Stream

Monday, June 9, 2014

Swear word= Cabinets

Cabinets are going in and it was like having Santa Claus come to your house in the very flesh wearing nothing but carhartt pants and a polo shirt.

photo

photo

photo

the walnut boxes are for the fridge and freezer

photo

It even makes a nice place to take a nap for one who has stayed up waaay too late on these nice summer evenings.

photo

HOWEVER! And, it's a big HOWEVER, after the cabinet guys took off I stared at the new drawers with a squint in my eye and slight head tilt and realized they were looking a little shallow.  I went downstairs for a few cupboard items to check and I was sorely disappointed.

WHAT THE FUDGE!

Cereal is not going to slide in nicely like I had planned.

photo

No to the jars too!--blender, baskets, Nutella jar.....

photo

To explain, I went over the specifics many times with my cabinet guy and he actually complimented me on my anal organized mind. To quote him, "I wish all my customers would think it through like you do." I took it nicely. Well, Mat found these awesome flush cabinet drawer pulls and so we decided to add those to them. Our cabinet guy forgot to add in the space the pulls would take up and reconfigure the needed depth for the function of the drawer.  Curse those drawer pulls. A foe indeed.

I sat in my chair and cried. It's all I could do.  I plopped my tired self in a chair and stared at my almost kitchen. These cabinets would not do and I didn't want to start over because that would hold up the countertop guy, and then the installer, and the plumber not to mention my cooking... So I sat. And sat some more. And cried some more. And swore some more (but that gets you nowhere kids). And then I made a plan.

Cabinet guy would have to make it right. That was my plan.  Simple, so simple I had nothing. This was my only plan.

In the morning, we had a long talk about how to fix them.  He said he needed two weeks to start over. He would have the countertop guys template it and that way everything will go in at once, holding no one up.

I'm sitting in my chair not crying, but taking deep breaths.

No comments: