The Stream

Friday, May 9, 2014

Hairy Stairs

So, if things were going according to my plan the stairs would have been put in while we were in Jamaica. Okay, so no.  How about Spring Break in a month? Now, that's just mean. Oh, you want to do it Thursday? Perfect timing.  I have seven loads of laundry to do and I'm watching 7 kids solo for the weekend. Awesome.  Couldn't have asked for THE WORST TIMING, but I'm happy you're here. Smile with a bow.  Oh wait, what? You say you're not going to finish them by Friday and you're not going to come back Saturday to give me access upstairs.  Even better.

Looking down from my loft

photo

We had access to  the upstairs through the roof of the patio by climbing through my window.  All 7 excited kids running up the slanted roof, chanting, "we are on the roof!" And, don't forget the train of laundry close behind!

photo

In a perfect world.

We eventually got them together, piece by piece.

photo

by piece

photo


by piece

photo

 They'll be stained and have airplane cable handrails in the near future. Probably at the PERFECT time. Note: Due to the timing of the stairs, it set us back on the electrician not finishing his job because he couldn't get up to the loft, which held up the inspector, which held up the sheetrockers.

Moral: Men need to listen very closely to me when I say do it in this generous window of time.

No comments: