The Stream

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

3rd Child

Hate it when you forget to keep up on shots and unfortunately with each child, you get a tad spacier as to when they need them. My excuse was that Micah wasn't broke (sick), so I never took her into the doctor , hence she didn't get her shots the entire time we were in WV.  Fair enough?  It all comes out in the wash anyway.

She did need 7 shots in the legs to qualify for kindergarten.  She had no idea what was about to hit her and I wasn't going to let her know so she could stew about it and get all worked up in the waiting room.  A few tears were shed by the third poke, but she was alright after 5 min of meltdown and sparkly bandaids.

photo

2 comments:

Maren & Danny said...

UGH! shots are the worst! But nothing a pretty band-aid can't fix ;)

Jeanette said...

I have a similar story about Eva, and the doctor asked me what my problem was, if I was depressed or dealing with other issues that I would neglect keeping her up to date. I hope that you didn't get the guilt trip. Glad to hear the sparkly bandaid girl is ready for kindergarten!