The Stream

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Preventative Measures




Mat and I were thinking last night that our throats were sort of dry. It led us to think that we too might be getting sick!

I took action and did the bizarre! My friend gave me the wonder medicine, Air Born, invented by a teacher and my neighbor says she eats a whole clove of garlic when symptoms are starting to occur. I did both. That's right, I swigged back a glass of carbonate herbs and I wrapped a slice of bread around a fresh, raw, clove of garlic.

It's what happened afterwords, that brought our marriage to whole other tolerant level. I reeked! I brushed, rinsed, flossed, gargled, brushed and rinsed again, but I S-T-U-N-K, STUNK (sounds better when you say it with a southern, twangy, accent)--BAD. Mat was trying to be kind and gentle, "Dang! Try gargling or something?" "I can smell it over here." "That smells going to be with you for a few days." You better believe it! You should have seen our attempt for a goodbye kiss this morning when he went off to work.

It's best that I nor Gretchen go out today. Unless you need protection from vampires?

Update on Greti, she started to stir around 2AM this morning and I went in to lay by her. Finally, at 3AM she asks, "Is it breakfast yet? I'm kind of hungry." I sprang out of bed! She eats! She is eating! This is good! Just a little bit of food, but at least there is some glucose in her.

6 comments:

sunnie said...

I use odorless garlic pills to prevent that from happening now, they work great. It is totally gross to smell and burp up garlic all day!

Emily S. said...

the question is - did the garlic work? Poor Gretchen.

McArthur Family said...

You are so funny. I want to know if the garlic helped? Maybe Mat should eat a onion or pasta or bread...then you'd be a delightful combo. =)

Erin said...

HILARIOUS! I can't believe you did that Mic! I can smell you from here. HA!

SO sorry Gretch is sick. :( Hope she feels better soon, although smelling you may make her vomit all over again!

Ha Ha...that is a good one.

Shauntel said...

So I was just thinking today that I really missed you at our little lunch group. Um, I think I'm glad you couldn't come today.

Pee-ew! :)

Dave and Mel said...

oh mic- this is too funny! sorry you are going through all this, but hopefully Gretchen is on the uphill and you don't stink anymore...i doubt it though.