The Stream

Friday, November 13, 2009

I'm Traveling to Guernsey this Weekend!

I just finished reading the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society a whole 5 minutes ago, and I'm now going to marry it. I have everyone of these characters in my life and that is why this book is so amusing. The island is quaint and charming, and I asked Mat to take me there when we can afford it. He said yes, and then rolled over and went to sleep. Anyway, I savored the last ten pages and didn't want it to end. I wanted to continue to pry into these peoples lives and maybe even buy a house and settle there.



I know some of you have read this and now I'd like to be in your club.

8 comments:

Kelli said...

Where did you get the book? I want to read it too.

Emily S. said...

I want to go there with you!

Rachel Oswald said...

Thanks for the good read tip - according to the Durham County website, I just have to wait out 33 other readers and I'm in! I just finished "Hunger Games" and would recommend it if you're in the market for a new read.

skylar alsop said...

READING...something I wish i could say i did but I find myself stuck in front of the tube watching garbage! Now, eating an entire clove of garlic...well, there is something I'd pass on and if Sky ever did, I'd have to move out for about 2 weeks. He can't even get rid of that smell when the littlest bit is cooked with. I'm impressed matt even came in for the good-bye kiss...way to go! I'm sorry to hear the flu has attacked and I hope it leaves quickly

Cheryl said...

oops, that's me not Skylar :)

sunnie said...

I am glad you liked it. I am always sad when a book ends too; I think I almost miss the characters.

Wendy P said...

I read this book last year and have been telling people to read it. So Good! I would love to make the trip with you. The channel islands are now on my "must travel there" list.

Dave and Mel said...

my friend was just talking about this book and I think we are going to read it for book club-- now I can't wait to get started on it...after I finish up the great book I'm into now "These is my words" --i love a good book!