The Stream

Thursday, November 12, 2009

I'm Putting on the Boxing Gloves!



This flu and I are going to have some words! When I finally get it out of its very uncomfortable host, I'm going to strangle, pounce, and do my fiercest Miyagi on it! Gretchen still has a high fever and is now going on day four. I was extremely happy last night to find Gretchen wasn't burning after going 6 hrs with out medicine, but this morning it spiked again. Remind me that I need to invest stock in Tylenol and Motrin. The doctor said we are doing all the right things, but it just has to take it's course (scenic route, in this case). I have never seen any child so ill..

In the meantime, we've memorized every pbs show, rearranged the furniture because I was tired of looking at it, and I ate another piece of garlic, not because I had symptoms, just because it made me feel like I was doing something.

Micah has also sucked on two drinks of Gretchen's when I had my head turned for a mere 2 seconds. She is very carefree and casual on the rug now, let's hope she has some super hero immunity not to get this villain of a bug.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Oh man! I'm sorry!! So do they know if it's the regular or swine flu? Hopefully the rest of you can stay healthy and Greti gets better soon! If you need anything from the store, like meds, I can always run an errand for you. Let me know.

Jeanette said...

This happened to us in the month of October. Kaylee was feverish for 8 days. Than Isaac for three. Kaylee for two more, and then we had a few days fever free days, and then Eva had it for a week. It SUCKS! The whole 7-10 incubation period and then 7-10 days of sickness. I hope Micah does have super immunity.

Stoker Family said...

Simon and Henry both tested positive for Swine flu last week and the Dr. prescribed Tamiflu. I think it really helped.