The Stream

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Summer Vacation (Day 6)

Day 6: Are you from Dixie? I say from Dixie? Where the fields of cotton...hum hum hum hum ( I forgot my line)
We met up with Mat's brothers family, I like to call them the other Harrises, to spend the weekend with the Dixie Alumni Chapter. Recognize anyone?

I'm so glad the garbage can was able to squeeze into the picture
Dixie East Coast Alumni Group

Cousins reunited
Sequoia, Gretchen and Danny

Daddy reunited (post call)
Meeting up in DC

Family reunited...at the capitol, no less
Family at the Capitol

We were able to tour the White House, the Bureau of Engraving and the Capitol (although we dawdled a little too much at lunch so we missed our Capitol tour, so scratch that last one. Who needs to see the Capitol anyway? What are they REALLY doing in there anyway?)

What a relief day 6 was to have Mat back!

2 comments:

Erin said...

"If you're from Santa Clara, Washington, or St. George fine....anywhere below the Iron County line...then you're from Dixie..."

Now that song will be playing in my head for the next three days.

Aren't you guys just having quite a little party lately! I've loved the pics of your many adventures. :)

Emily S. said...

Wow - so many posts and pictures - I can't keep up! I see Liz's mom in the picture - but no Liz. That's cool that you remembered her. You are great!