The Stream

Monday, August 24, 2009

Another Micki-ism

For those of you that know me all too well, you know that I do a LOT of stupid things. I don't know why I was born with this gift, but it's all mine. This gift lets me drop things often, especially in the kitchen, especially fine powdery stuff or liquids, scratch or break a lot of expensive things, walk funny most days, and slam my head on all hidden corners. I don't know how I do it, but today, it was my aim. After getting home, I straightened up the van. My hands were so loaded that I decided to throw Micah's shoes into the garage instead of walk them over.
STOP: now most people probably would have thought this through a bit more and walked the darn shoes over--but not me. Nope! Not thinking (most days) I gave the worn flip-flops a good lop into the garage, but they did not come down. Newton's theory unfortunately did not play a role in this one.
Yup! There it is--I threw it on the ROOF. How does one do that? It is easy if you're me and it is not at all surprising.
How did that get up there
Mat was not home at the time and I did not want to ask him to get me out of another fix. So I got creative and with all of my commotion, the kids decided it was their duty to help me (always a treat, might as well break 6 legs than just two!)

Retrieving a shoe
I pulled the van real close to the garage so that I could squeeze through the gutter and the top of the hood. The first flip-flop was well with in my reach, but the second one had me shouting "Almost got it Dad! (Indiana Jones)" Fortunately, I came armed with my MIC-Gyvering skills.

Materials needed when you decide to throw children's shoes on the roof: Longest broom/mop, hanger twisted and hooked.

Shoe retrieved

Another day in the park. Just be glad you're not my kids!

5 comments:

Shannon Stoker said...

I also possess that same dang gene that so devilishly inspired you to throw the flip-flops onto the roof. I'm sure I would have broken legs trying to get it back down, though. Oh, and your vaca looks like fun! Love the zoo pics. And Micah looks so cute hugging on Mat's leg post-call.

Erin said...

HA! Mic. I think we are really sisters who were seperated at birth.

Rachel Oswald said...

MIC-Gyvering! I love it. At least you get some great adventures out of it all. You are quite the clever gal!

The Singer Family said...

At least you also have the talent to take an AMAZING picture of a shoe on a roof. That is what I call impressive!

Melanie said...

You really should consider a career as a pitcher. That looked like an impressive throw.