The Stream

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Summer Vacation (Day 2)

Day 2-Hersheypark
Mary Jo treated us to fun-filled, sunny day at Hershey Park. The day that we went was very hot and oppressive, thank goodness for the water park, but no thanks to waiting in the lines. The kids still had fun.
Mr. Giggles and Ms. Attitude
Mr. Giggles and Ms. Attitude

I like this picture because it captures the pure essence of fun in the summer
Becket on the waterslide

There was a lot of ownership when it came to drinks. Notice how she is so CAREFUL with it too!
Spilling her drink
We managed to find Rolo (pass this one onto the Gordon's Emily)
Rolo
We had some blue tongues from eating cotton candy while watching Geneva the sea lion, well, everyone except Micah who didn't care for the stuff.
Blue tongues
And then we were utterly exhausted when we finally had dinner at Friendly's. The kids fell asleep before their ice cream had arrived. Customers thought it was funny that we were hauling sleeping kids out of the restaurant, I did not, I was tired too.
Post Hersheypark meal

Side note:
Micah spent much of the day covering her ears from all of the noise. My tenuous child.

Here
Watching the seal show

Here
IMG_3679

Here
IMG_3737

and Here
Micah happily covering her ears

3 comments:

The Singer Family said...

I love it! I love the sleepy kids at Friendlies and I love that you know Friendlies too (they are all over CT). I also love funny Micah holding her ears. Kids crack me up!

Alicia H said...

Fun stuff! I miss PA! We miss you all too! Come back closer when you are done having all this fun.

Mary said...

How fun to take the kids to Hershey! We're planning on going for a visit next year... Abby's been asking about for a while, wanting to see where she was born and all. Ever been to Dutch Wonderland in Lancaster? Or Sesame Place in Philly? Too much to do there!